Hugh Torance House
Travel through time with HEARTS (History, Ecology, Arts, Reunion, and Store) at the Hugh Torance House and Store in Huntersville, NC.
The historic Hugh Torance House and Store is North Carolina's oldest surviving store and one of Mecklenburg County’s few surviving 18th-century structures. Located in Huntersville, North Carolina, the Store is the hub for all program offerings.
Operated by the Hugh Torance House and Store (HTHS), a private 501c3 nonprofit, we are dedicated to sharing the history of the site through the mission and vision of HEARTS, connecting the Store with Cedar Grove, the 1831 Greek Revival home of James Torrance, son of Hugh and Isabella Torance.
Through utilizing History, Ecology, Arts, Reunion, Trails, and Store, we strive to create unique place-based experiences intertwining the history of this site from prehistoric times to modern-day, with its people, nature, and the arts; connecting the deep past of our region.
- Multiple DatesSun, Jun 04Huntersville
- Sat, Jul 22Cedar Grove and HTHS
- Sat, Aug 19Cedar Grove and HTHS
- Sat, Sep 16Cedar Grove and HTHS
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 07Hugh Torance House & Store
- Sat, Dec 09Cedar Grove and HTHS
- October 2023Cedar Grove and HTHS
- November 2023Cedar Grove and HTHS